If you are wondering how to make money on Facebook, there are a lot of ways to do it. The good news for you is that Facebook has 2.9 billion+ monthly active users(as of July 2022). So you don’t have to worry about traffic, like blog owners.
Additionally, it would be great to use Facebook, which we typically use for nothing more than passing the time, to generate some extra income. Before we talk about how to use your Facebook account or page to make money, let’s first talk about the approach that will help you get started:
Strategy to Make Money With Facebook
Facebook is all about connecting with others, so our goal is to amass as many Facebook page likes, Facebook group members, or Facebook friends as possible. The more Facebook connections you have, the more money you can make. Follow these steps to do this:
Make Friends, a Lot of Friends
First of all, make a Facebook profile if you don’t have one. Upload a great cover photo representing your personality. Complete the “about” section and add all the other information a quality Facebook profile should have. Begin making friends now. Chat. Post intriguing material. Always reply to comments and messages. Keep adding friends until you have 5000 friends. 5000 is the limit. You can’t add any more.
Create a Facebook Page and Get a lot of Likes
First, decide on the subject that will be the focus of your page. The topic or niche of your Facebook page is very important and a factor that influences your earnings. So choose it carefully.
Although it may seem uninteresting to discuss subjects like insurance, mortgages, health, and technology, you will have a lot of products to promote with a very high commission in these categories.
On the other hand, pages that post entertainment, jokes, and viral photos are interesting, but you won’t have much to do with them. Once you have a great topic in your mind, do the following:
- Create a page with a captivating name. An attractive and Unique name will be an advantage.
- Upload a good profile picture matching your topic/niche and a great cover photo.
- Fill up the about section with all the details.
- Invite all your friends to like your page and ask friends to share your page on their walls.
- Post great content. Post Viral photos, Videos, and News(relevant to your niche/topic) that are most likely to be shared. Keep doing it regularly. Your target should be of getting 10000 likes at least.
Create a Facebook Group and Get a lot of Members
Follow these to make a quality Facebook Group –
- Create a Public Facebook Group and Add your friends to your Group
- Ask your friends to invite their friends to the group.
- To maintain quality and to keep spam posts out, you must keep an eye on what members are trying to post. In order to do this, edit the group setting. Click to check the box next to Post Approval and Save. No post will be displayed until you manually review and approve.
- Post interesting content relevant to the topic of the group. Keep doing it regularly. You have to add members as many as you can.
Now that your to-do list has been completed, you’re prepared to earn money with your Facebook account, page, or group.
Let’s discuss how can you monetize your Facebook Assets –
10 Ways to Make Money With Facebook
1. Affiliate Marketing
Now that your Facebook page/group has more than 10,000 members, you are able to post your affiliate links and make money when someone purchases a product or service using your link. You can sign up for several reputable affiliate marketing programs and promote other people’s products through them.
Affiliate marketplaces like Shareasale are even giving more than 50% as referral commission for some products. That means if someone buys a product worth INR 1000 through your affiliate link, you get INR 500+ in your account as a commission. Here is how to get started with Affiliate Marketing –
- Sign up for some good affiliate programs. Recommended: Amazon Associate, ClickBank, Shareasale, eBay, Commission Junction.
- Find products on these programs relevant to the niche/topic of your Facebook page/group.
- Get affiliate links for relevant products and post them on your page/group with a suitable description.
- To get a good conversion rate, only post links to products that are relevant. Avoid posting too many links in one day. I think 1 or 2 links a day will work well.
- Do not forget to share interesting posts in between. A proper balance between affiliate links and other interesting posts is required, in my opinion. Otherwise, you risk losing your page’s followers.
- Wait and watch. Your commission will be credited to your account each time someone purchases a product or service using your link. You can notice which products your audience is buying often and offer a more suitable product next time.
2. Drive Facebook Page Traffic to Your Blog
If you have a lot of traffic to your Facebook page but you are not doing very well with it, better send this traffic to your blog and make money from the blog.
Share your blog articles on your page or group to drive traffic from Facebook to your blog or website. When you are getting visitors to your blog, you have several ways to turn your traffic into money. If you do not want to set up a blog, you can contact people who already have a blog/website to make an offer.
3. Develop Facebook Apps
Don’t be scared by the title. Making money doesn’t necessarily require creating a sophisticated, application-focused app like Candy Crush. You can make simple apps based on an idea like Instafit, TimeEgg Timer, etc. Let’s look at the resources available to Facebook app developers.
Visit Advertising Providers on Facebook Platform for App Developers . You can see there is a long list of advertisers to support your developing efforts. You generally have 2 options to make money from Facebook apps: in-app purchases and advertising. The main source of income for app developers continues to be in-app purchases.
4. Sponsored posts/Promote a Business
When you have a Facebook page with a lot of likes, you get offers from business owners or marketers. You get money to publish their posts on your page. So this is how you can promote a business on your Facebook page to earn money. The more likes you have on your page, the more money they will give you. You can build your relationship with Facebook marketers. Let them know you have a popular page.
5. Sponsored Likes and Shares
There are a lot of people doing this today. Visit an outsourcing website like Fiverr to find some gigs offering likes and shares for cash. You can see how people are making $5 for 100 likes or shares. If you have a Facebook page with a sizable fan base, you can post images, photos, and videos of your clients to attract likes and shares for them. This has become a full-time job for some people.
6. Become a Video Publisher on Facebook
YouTube is not the only way to make money by publishing a video. You can monetize your videos on Facebook now. Create some good videos and upload them on Facebook. When a user watches your video, he might see a pre-roll advertisement as we see on YouTube. You get paid for every ad viewed.
To make it worthwhile to try, Facebook is giving the video creator a whopping 55% of the revenue generated, with the remaining 45% going to the social media platform itself. Earnings will depend on various factors, like how many times the ad was played on video, how long viewers watched ads and other factors.
7. Selling Your Own Products/Facebook Store
If you run a business, you can use Facebook to advertise your own products and make money. Facebook has always been a favorite destination for online retailers. Presenting the appropriate products to the appropriate audiences is what you need to do.
Facebook pages also have a “Store” feature. You can set up shops, and upload information about your products, such as their costs and features. Users will be able to add your product to the cart and be directed to the payment page.
8. Make Money Using Facebook’s Existing Apps
No worries if you can’t create a Facebook app yourself. Facebook already has some apps available that you can use to earn money. With the help of EasySocialShop, you can add all of your online store’s merchandise to your Facebook page and market them to your fans. You can add the eBay Facebook App to promote your eBay listings on your page.
Wasn’t it an easy way to promote products? You can use Facebook Store by Storeya to import items from your store onto your Facebook page’s Store Tab. There are other such apps too that allow you to sell products in one or another way.
9. Become a Facebook Marketer/Influencer
If you have a large fan following on your Facebook profile and your views matter to your followers, then you are a Facebook Influencer. But this happens when you have great knowledge of a specific industry.
One of the most popular methods for big businesses and new startups to advertising their brands is through Facebook marketing. Read about Ben Simkin, Curt Maly, Ryan Stewman, and other popular Facebook marketers who have changed the whole game of online marketing. They have made billions from Facebook marketing. Keep learning new things. Keep reading relevant blogs to acquire that level of knowledge about your industry.
10. Sell Your Facebook Page
Let’s say you tried each of the nine strategies listed above, but none was successful. Don’t be discouraged. You can still make money with your Facebook page. You can sell your Facebook page and earn money. Your income will vary depending on a number of variables, including the subject of your page and the geographical location of your fans. If the majority of your Facebook fans are from European or American nations, your page can bring in a sizable sum of money. You can find buyers on forums and discussion sites.
How much Money can You Make With Facebook?
A million-dollar question. The amount you can make from your Facebook page will depend on a number of variables, including the page’s niche, its target audience, the location of your fans, etc. As I’ve already stated, pages about insurances, mortgages, autos, health, and products will probably bring in a lot of cash, whereas simple niches like entertainment, jokes, and general issues will bring in the least.
If you have a sizable following in developed nations like the USA, UK, Canada, and Australia, you may earn a lot of commission and money from blogging. To make good sales and ultimately good money, all you need to do is find appropriate products to advertise on Facebook to your targeted audiences. It’s hard to give an exact number, but the right answer will be – Only Sky is the limit.
So it was all for this post. Share this post to help your friends. Stay tuned for the next post.