Hi Everyone. For the last few months, I have been writing about ATC (Air Traffic Control) and AAI JE- ATC Exam/interview and it really delights me to see the kind of response from all of you through your comments. I try to write all the matter about ATC and JE-ATC Exam which really matters to you. One question that I have been asked too many times is –
” What is the expected cut off to get an interview call?”
So I have tried to find out Cut-off Marks for these exam through RTI as well as on internet. I will be trying to discuss all these exams in this article. AAI conducted these exams in past few years:
- JE-ATC Exam (Year 2012, Date of Exam: 01/07/2012)
- JE-ATC Exam (Year 2015, Date of Exam: 26/04/2015)
- JE-ATC Exam (Year 2015, Date of Exam: 26/12/2015)
- JE-ATC Exam (Year 2016, Date of Exam: 24/04/2016)
- JE-ATC Exam (Year 2018, Date of Exam: 30/11/2018)
- JE-ATC Exam (Year 2021, Date of Exam: 25/03/2021)
Cut off Marks for AAI JE-ATC Exam held on 1st July, 2012:
- Exam was held on 1st July, 2012.
- Approximately 20000 candidates appeared in the exam. The low attendance of candidates was due to the fact that BEL Entrance exam was also held on the same day.
- Exam was held in 10 cities viz. Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur and Thiruvananthapuram.
- Result was declared on 7th August, 2012.
- Total 561 candidates were shortlisted for the interview and voice test.
- Interviews and Voice test were conducted in August, 2012 in four metro cities viz. Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata.
- Final result was declared on 22nd October, 2012.
- 200 candidates were selected for the post but around 160 candidates joined the training institutes of AAI on 5th November, 2012.
- AAI released second list for 41 candidates in January, 2013.
Before going for cut-off marks discussion, let’s just understand two important things i.e. how the marks are divided by AAI and what do we mean by the term “cut-off marks”.
Distribution of Marks:
Cut-off Marks: “These are the marks secured by the candidate (in a particular category), who is the last one in the list of selected candidates for the next round or in final selection list.” Cut-off marks data as provided by AAI in response to a RTI is as:
Cut-off Marks for AAI JE (ATC) Exam, 2012:
Cut off Marks for AAI JE-ATC Exam held on 26th April, 2015:
- Exam was conducted on 26th April, 2015.
- 200 candidates were selected through the selection process which comprises of Written Test and Voice Test + Interview.
- This was the last time when AAI conducted the exam through Offline mode.
- Also this was the first exam in which B.Sc. candidates were also allowed to appear in the exam.
- Technical Section of Written Test had questions only from Maths and Physics.
- This time AAI also published Answer keys as well to bring the transparency in the selection process.
- Result of written test was declared on 6th August, 2015.
- Total 599 Candidates were called for Interview and Voice Test.
- This time also there were two lists of selected candidates as all the candidates of first list did not join AAI’s training institute.
Expected Cut-off Marks for AAI JE-ATC Exam held on 26th December , 2015:
- Exam was conducted on 26th December, 2015.
- Total 400 candidates are to be selected through this exam.
- This was the first time when AAI conducted the written exam through Online Mode.
Result of Dec. 2015 JE-ATC exam is expected to be declared in February 2016 although there is no official confirmation regarding the exact date. I am trying to get the exact details and will update here as and when I get it. So stay tuned for updates about result and interview dates.Result was declared on 05.02.2015
- Total 1034 candidates were shortlisted for the interview and voice test.
Expected Cut-off Marks of AAI ATC Dec., 2015 Exam:
Based on the level of questions in both sessions i.e.Morning and Evening, I have tried to make wild-guess about the expected cut-off marks that should be sufficient to get you an interview call from AAI.
- General: 70-76
- OBC: 68-75
- SC: 62-68
- ST: 57-62
Please do remember here that above data is just expected one, for actual cut-off marks of JE-ATC
Exam held on 26th December, 2015, we need to wait for the result declaration by AAI. I will upload the category-wise cut-off marks, once result is declared. An RTI is to be filed soon for the same so that all I upload on ‘incomopedia’ is the authentic data.
Edit: AAI has declared the result of the exam held on 26 December 2015. This time AAI has taken a new initiative and they has declared the Cut off marks for each category. Here, I would like to share my pleasure that the cut-off marks declared/expected by Incomopedia just fall in that list. Here are the cut-off marks for AAI ATC Exam held on 26.12.2015:
Edit/2: Some of you might be having a doubt that if there is no negative-marking and each question carries one mark, then how come the cut-off marks are in decimals? Well, these marks are basically the normalized marks and not the actual marks secured by the candidates. That is why this decimal figure has come into the picture. The description of normalization process is beyond the scope of this article.
Edit/3: AAI has given a link to check the normalised marks of the candidates who appeared in the JE-ATC Exam conducted on 26 Dec. 2015. You need to enter your Application Number & Date of Birth. Check your marks by clicking here.
Cut off Marks for AAI JE-ATC Exam held on 24th April, 2016
- JE-ATC exam was held on 24 April 2016 against the advt no. 07/2015
- AAI doubled the number of vacancies for the post of JE (ATC) i.e. 400 posts instead of 200.
- Test was conducted online and Exam was much tougher than the JE-ATC exams held in 2015.
- Result was declared in February, 2017.
- 2100 students appeared in the interview ( 27.02.2017 to 18.04.2017)
- Highest Total Marks(written+Interview) were 114.000
Here is the final cut-off AAI JE-ATC Exam held on 24th April, 2016
Cut off Marks for AAI JE-ATC Exam held on 30 November, 2018:
- Exam was held on 30 November, 2018 against the advt. no. 02/2018
- 200 candidates are to be selected.
- Most of the students found the online test more difficult than all previous year’s exams.
- It is the first time AAI is recruiting JE candidates without the Interview process.
- Response sheets were made available to download for candidates on 7 December, 2018. (Find more info on AAI ATC News page)
- Result was declared on 01 February 2019. 536 candidates were called up for document verification process.
AAI JE ATC Official Cut off 2019
Expected Cut off Marks for AAI JE-ATC Exam held on 25 March, 2021:
- Recruitment notification was released in November, 2020
- Total no. of ATC JE posts – 264
- Online registration portal was open from 15 December, 2020 to 29 January, 2021
- Admit Cards were released on 11 March, 2021
- Exam was held on 25 March, 2021 against the Advt. NO. 05/2020
Based upon feedback from many candidates, our expected cut off for ATC exam for various categories is –
- General : 82 – 87
- OBC : 78 -82
- SC : 75 – 78
- ST : 71 – 75
Hope the article will be able to present a picture of trend of the cut-off marks of ATC Exam.