15. Name of Candidate: DHANAVATH NAGESH
Name of Exam: Junior executive (ATC)
Date of Exam/Interview: June 18…
Interview Experience: First of all thanks to incompedia for building a platform to become atc officer .iam posted at ahmedabad working as on job trainee. my board no 3 including one madam i have been experienced with close and friendly nature officer during interview..I felt very happy because of certificate verification process going in friendly nature and they advised us to be freely interact with other students.that interaction made no tension in mind about interview.almost all qualified voice test.just reading 2 or 3 sentences.don’t think about voice test at tough level…after that i was asked in interview room…
Question Asked: 1.tell me about yourself?.
2.explain about podium speaker which is in front of me on table.
3.what are your favourite subjects?(I chosen Radar,analog electronic because I decided that ATC JOB based on radar only)
4.write RADAR RANGE Equation and explain the relation of R and TXED POWER.
5.what is the pulse time required for RADAR txed signal.
6.What should I ask you tell me?
(I had chosen about ATC and functions of ATC, operational area in airport.I impressed them here.because I need job)
7.They check my confident level ,truth about me by asking shirt colour, cotton or silk ,ready made or stitching made,tailor shop name also.
8.normal weight of the aircraft and aircraft having more weight in which cases whether in air or on land .
9.More questions on my hobbies…in deeper..
..my interview around 22 minutes…I made them more comfortable and entertainment in close manner with answers….finally I was selected ….thanking you so much incomopedia……actually I Am little busy with certificate to join…so sorry for late to share my experince….incomopedia made me responsible person in real society.
14. Name of Candidate: Anne
Name of Exam: JE-ATC 03/2015
Date of Exam/Interview: March 11, 2016
Interview Experience: My interview was for about 20 minutes. The panel consisted of 5 members including a lady. The experience was quite good and better than I expected it would be. They encouraged me to talk and were very friendly.
Question Asked: They asked me to introduce myself, about my family.
The qualities of an air traffic controller, why I wanted to be one, about the layers of atmosphere and aircraft, some electronics questions, about receivers. This is all I remember. It was pretty good overall. This site helped a lot.
13. Name of Candidate: Harish N
Name of Exam: atc
Date of Exam/Interview: NA
Interview Experience – I think my interview was beyond the frame of convention!
Because, I was not asked to tell about myself!!
I completed my graduation in 2011,so first they asked what I did during the past 5yrs. Then, I was asked about Kepler’s laws of planetary motion.Then about seasons,GMT,the reason for becoming an ATC,objectives and duties of ATC,Functions of AAI. That’s all!! It was very short of an Interview!!
Waiting in huge anticipation, for a positive result!
Once again,Thanks a lot, Sir.
12. Name of Candidate: aks
Name of Exam: atc
Date of Exam/Interview: 26/2/16
Interview Experience: in my interview panel there were 5 member-4 sirs and 1 madam,
questions.70% questions were asked by madam only.
panel is really cooperative,they provide u ample time to relax and to answer.
best of luck.
Question Asked: 1. about yourself?
2.about geosynchronous and geostationary sat.
4.about device used to measure air speed
5. main role of atc
6. frequency bands used by atc.
7. type of radars specifically used in atc operations .
8.what other exams i cleared?what other options do i have.
9.why is there a gap in between 12th and graduation ?which coaching did i attended?
10.some points regarding my hometown.
11. Name of Candidate: deepti
Name of Exam: aai atc 3/2015
Date of Exam/Interview: 15/6/2015
Interview Experience: It was the 10th interview in my life after graduation, in which I was able to crack 9.Telling from my heart,AAI interview was the most challenging.Each question the panel asked,whether it is a friendly question or not,was having an agenda of checking our skills…
AAI was giving the best hospitality for the candidates…
Just before attending this interview,my aim was to join govt service…but now after attending this interview,IT IS MY AIM TO JOIN AAI….such a nice institution…i love it.
Question Asked: Bio metric
fill a form telling our category-obc/general.. and work experience
They give a magazine and asked to read ANY passage.Just 2 sentences.If anyone fails (may be due to tension) they will give second chance,after taking some rest.
Also at the time of voice test,they asked to tell our family background,hobbies,etc….in the order asked.[to check memory skills]
(5 Panel members.sitting in 180 degree angle)–so that they can check our each movement.
note your journey cost,time taken,,,,,they may ask it
10. Name of Candidate: Bhagavanlal
Name of Exam: Atc
Date of Exam/Interview: 20-06-2016
Interview Experience: First of all thanks to incompedia for building a platform to atc aspirants.
My interview was done normally ….
After biometrics and verification we’v been taken to our respective boards
Board : 2
Well i got nervous while answering some que.. overall good.. and my written marks are 71.268 …they were expecting answers more depth from me… let’s wait for the result…
Question Asked: 1. So mr bhagavab where were u from
2.why did u sacrifice your placement (as i got 2 offers in it)
3.what are aviation organisations in india
4. A lady interviewer asked me.. tell me about yourself in 3 words..
5.what do you know about atc
6.explain about vhf communication using in airports
7.what is a wave guide
8.what is a circulator
9.tell me about helicopter for 2 minutes.. and they asked about my father ..and also asked about afcat exam which told them.. that i was preparing for that… as today ia last.. hope my interview experience will be useful for upcoming aspirants
9. Name of Candidate: mannu
Name of Exam: atc
Date of Exam/Interview: 20th june 2016
Interview Experience: Well I was little nervous as it was my forst interview and was shivering during voice test but they made me calm by casual talk.
Interview panel consisted of 4 males and female.
Overall my first interview taught me a lot.(do read all the questions given in this blog thoroughly it will boost your confidence).
Question Asked: international yoga day,how many exercises included etc.
3.controllers and instruments(to measure air speed)
4.sourses of revenue generation of aai
5.functions of aai and why do you want to join aai
6. How aircrafts fly
And some other questions related to aircraft
8. Name of candidate – Pavan Kumar Y
Name of Exam – ATC
Date of Exam/Interview – 7th June, 2016
Interview Experience – Hii , I had my interview on 7th June, B-2 , afternoon shift, 63 marks in written n st category.
My interview questions.
1. Introduce yourself
2. What is Cutoff frequency
3. Skip distance
4. Modi tour to USA (which I answered partially, they were expecting to answer about his last tour to Iran)
5. Functions f aaj
6. Technologies used in ATC
7. What is GMT
8. 2types of communication network model
9. Why do wanna become atco
10. Source f income for aaj
11. Minister f state for CA
12. Regulatory body f aaj
13. Information about my district
14. My hobbies
15. Did you find any difficulty in applying aaj ( I answered like no sir I didn’t find such difficulties as I applied as soon as notification was out n I kept all the related documents with me while applying so it was easy for me)
16. Types of wave propagation.
My interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. I answered almost 12 questions out of 16. So what are my chances ?
7. Name of Candidate – Smita Kumari
Name of Exam – ATC
Date of Exam/Interview – 24/05/2016
Questions asked – My branch is ece
2-difference b/w analog and digital signal
3-can analog be converted into digital signal
4-EHF freq range and application ( i answered VHF range and application
5- my project related – difference b/w microcontroller and microprocessor ( i answered opposite )
6-what is work of ATC
7-defn of airport (i partially answered they helped me to correct)
8-how does aircraft fly
9-ILS and DME full form and function
10-name the aviation organisation in india ( i said AERA then they asked funtion )
11-occupation of your father
12- range of digital signal
Itne ques yaad h jo puche the wo log. Wo log mere se bahut achhe se baat kr rhe the hindi me hi during interview and also they appreciate me so many times
6. Name of Candidate – Rahul (name changed)
Name of Exam – ATC JE
Date of Exam/Interview – 13/06/16
Interview Experience – Hi every one, First of all many-many thanks to “incomopedia” and Sudhir sheoran who shared much valuable informations on this web site about ATC interview and I really got benefit from this. Let’s us see result…
Here I am writing about My ATC interview which held on 13/06/16 from beginning…
First of all get down at “Jor Baag” Metro Station which is the AAI office (Rajiv Bhawan)
In side, there will be biometric test (of your finger) followed by document verification and then Voice test. In Voice test they are telling to read a magazine and before that some informal talk that is also a part of the test. In view almost all candidates are being passed in voice test.
now for the Interview…
There are three board rooms (B1,B2,and B3) for interview.
They asked me “tell me something about yourself that is not mentioned in the profile form”(a profile form have to fill over there. it is a simple form.)
they asked about my place where I am belog from. they discussed about my state’s politics. what are the places Mr. Modi visited recently, About AAI, what is work of AAI, how does an aircraft fly, some questions from power amplifier, networking (TCP-IP), what is the objective of ATC etc.
I answered well and let’s see the result.
5. Name of Candidate: Veer yadav
Name of Exam: Atc
Date of Exam/Interview: 20 may
Interview Experience: Hello, sir.. I would like to appreciate ur work. It is awesome, max questions asked in interview was from ur blog. No need to go anywhere else guys. Read the blog very carefully.. Questions r around all these. Questions asked to me. How aircraft fly. Radar, radar frequency, microwave range, about aai, about family, hobby, ur home town prepare it well. Hv u ever travelled by flight, when u travel from ur home town to Delhi in which direction u moved.. Some personality from azamgarh, why wanna to join atc.
4. Name of Candidate: Mona
Name of Exam: JE ATC
Date of Exam/Interview: 17 May 2016
Interview Experience : Hi Sir, Today I had my interview, I got some questions common from from your blog. I like to share some more. Like DGCA, organisations under DGCA, Government policies regarding aviation? How AAI’s avenue is coming from?Now a days what government is doing with the airports. What is the difference between microprocessor and microcontroller.global warming. No of airports and civil enclaves.interrupt in micro controller. Give strong reason why you changing your current job.what are your hobbies and please get some good idea about it. Family background. I want to thank you again.. for sharing about the ATC interview questions in the blog..
3. Name of Candidate: Ravi Raj
Name of Exam: ATC_03/2015
Date of Exam/Interview: 23rd may 2016
Interview Experience: board-3…they asked qn from ur given ans so be careful before answering …be confident…to feel cool in waiting hall plzzz do conversation with candidates n divert ur mind from interview…
Question Asked: ATC_03/2015 interview
date 23rd may
board- 3…total time of interview- 25 mins
Qn 1. intro.
2. about home town.
4. physics- rotational motion(practical qn)
5. state famous place n details
6. IST and its detail n deep qn
7. famous place of state to delhi direction
8. what is difference between helicopter and aircraft
9. project(embedded system microcontroller sensor )
10 training bsnl(gsm cdma ofc)
11 my college state election details (WB election)
12 Marker(outer inner )
13 clouds(dangerous for aircraft)
14. solar power cochin airport)
15 smart city……………dats allll
2. Name of Candidate: Dhanapradha Ganesan
Name of Exam: JE-ATC 3/2015
Date of Exam/Interview: JUNE 3,2016 9.00 am
Interview Experience: BOARD 2, TIME DURATION-20 minutes , Hello everyone,
first of all let me extend my hearty thanks to the admin of the blog and the content writers who all provided fruitful information in chasing my dream job of becoming an ATCO.I used to keep track of the posts regularly and it helped me a lot during my interview preparation.The interview panel consisted of five members.Questions were posed from personal,technical(ece),HR,
Question Asked: 1.family background
2.pass out in 2015.So why you did not take campus placements?
4.Did you take the je-atc 7/2015 exam and why?(since i got to know that I’ve been shortlisted for interview before taking the next exam)
5.Are you aware of je-electronics opening in atc?why you did not take it?
6.technical questions-software interrupts in microprocessor,barkhausen’s criterion,de-morgan’s law,why negative feedback used in op-amp,fan out condition.
7.organizations under civil aviation
8.since i mentioned that i have attended an one day visit to an airport in my home town,they asked questions about what did i observe in the atc tower of the international airport.
9.also asked me to explain the route at which an aircraft fly by drawing a rhombus thereby marking four coordinates in it, that’s all:)
1. Name of Candidate: Rudraraj
Name of Exam: JE (Airport Operations)
Date of Exam/Interview: 2015
Interview Experience: these are some subjects asked in previous recruitment for JE (airport operations) ,which i got it from several websites….so plz post it in ur website
Question Asked: electronic,communications,digital electronic,control system,micro wave,computer,information technology.
some previous year questions for JE (AO)
1) The radiation pattern of yagi uda antenna? a)omnidirectional b)broadside c)end side
2)Function of synchro? a)transducer b) modulator c)demodulator d)encoder & decoder
3)Voltage feedback gives?
4)bcd value of 001100100001?
5)questions on micro controller pins?
6)simple questions on logic gates?
7)simple problems on rlc networks?
8)function of RAM?
9)hall effect is used to measure?
10)in RC phaseshift oscillator a condition to get oscillations is hfe>= 4K+23+29/K…
11)directivity of half wave dipole is….1.64..
12)READY signal is used in MP becoz of slow devices connected…..
13)TRAP is non maskable interrupt…..
14)value of threshold voltage?
15)function of magnetron?
16) combinational ckt means a)with memory b)with out memory c)constructed with logic gates d) both b & c
17) 2 q’s on nmos transistor.
18) 1 q on wheatstone bridge, 1 q on kcl, kvl
19)what is rom ? a) temporary storage b)permanent storage c)…..d)…
20) 1 q on rat race junction.
21) 1 q on txn line short ckted condition.
22)1 q on sqrt(81 max).
23) take a 4 digit binary noi.e A.and then what is A+Abar= a)1101 b)1011 c)1111 d)0000
24) 1 q on op amp prob , 1 q on slew rate
25) 1 q on which filter is used for extracting sine signalof 1mhz
26) if there are 8 rc filter sections what is the individual phase shift? a)180 b)45 c)22.5
1. Which of the following schemes have the best error performance with the same energy per bit?
1. 16QAM b. 16PSK c. QPSK
2. Same Antenna is used for Tx and Rx. Radar range related to Antenna gain as
1. Directly prop. To G
2. Direc. Prop. To sq. root of G
3. Inversely prop to G
3. Thermal Noise in conductor related to B
4. Square root of B
4. A control system with feed back gain 0.1 and forward gain 10. What is the sensitivity of the system w.r.t the feed back system.
5. The value of ‘k’ for the system to be stable is. ( 6th degree Characteristic Equation given)
6. Which of the following system is stable.
1. As2 + Bs +C
2. As2 – Bs +C
3. As4 + B s3 +Cs+D
4. -As2 – Bs -C
7. Linux OS based on which architecture
8. Comparison between Macro and Subroutine
1. Macro better that Sub Rtne with respect to storage time and execution time
2. Vice versa
3. Macro better that Sub Rtne with respect to execution time only
4. Vice versa
9. Which of the following is a privileged instruction?
1. MOV A B
2. INT 21
3. ADD A B
4. IN 08
10. Which of the following instruction is not converted to binary by an Assebly Language Program?
3. Privileged instruction
4. Sorry don’t remember
11. In which type of machine can multiple tasks be done
1. Virtual Machine
2. Sorry don’t remember
12. Which of the following has the highest distortion?
13. Which of the following distortions occur in Class B push pull amplifier?
4. Sorry don’t remember
14. ?(s)/T(s) of a rotational system (J,B,k regular notations)
15. Schmitt Trigger with 3V & 1V UTP and LTP respectively. A sinusoidal input with 10V peak is fed as the input. The output swings between
16. Op-amp circuit given. Identify the circuit (Ans: Peak detector)
17. 6 bit binary ladder with 101001 as input ( 0= 0V , 1 = 10V). Output voltage is ——
18. Doppler Radar of 1125 MHz. Frequency of received echo is 125 MHz. The conclusion is
1. Target also has a radar
2. Target moving away
3. Target approaching
19. Microprocessor cycles between
1. Fetch and Execution operations.
2. Fetch and Halt
20. Modulation index of an FM system with 2.5V, 500 Hz input and 5KHz deviation is
21. Routh’s Criterion gives
1. Number of roots on the LHS of S plane
2. Number of roots on the RHS of S plane
22. For the system to be stable, the roots of the characteristic Equation must lie
1. Left side of the S plane
2. Right side of s plane
23. Impulse response h(t) of a system is
1. Inverse Laplace transform of Transfer Function
24. The output of a LTI system with Gaussian process input is
25. Spectral Density and Auto-Correlation are
1. Laplace Transform pair
2. Fourier Transform Pair.
26. A flex Klystron is a
1. Microwave amp
2. Microwave Oscillator
3. Both amp and Oscillator
4. High cavity tube
27. S Matrix related question.
28. Block diagram given
Oscillator(1 MHz) à Divider (/ 10^6) à Schmitt Trigger à Flip Flop à. Output is
1. Pulse Train of width 1 sec
2. Pulse Train of width 2 sec
3. Pulse Train of width 0.5 sec
this is some of the hal exam syllabus
HAL Exam Syllabus
Syllabus for Electronics & Telecommunication:
Power Electronics & Devices.
Computer network & Administration.
Radio & TV Engg.
Microprocessor & its Interfacing.
Entrepreneurship & Industrial Mgt.
Computer Organisation Architecture.
Advance Communication Engg.
Digital Signal Processing.
Control System Engg.
PCB Design & Fabrication.
Syllabus for Radio Engineering
Phase locked loops.
Meteor burst communications.
Spread spectrum techniques.
Tuned small-signal amplifiers.
Mixers and active filters.
Single side-band modulation.
Transmission lines and cables.
Radio wave propagation.
Submit Your Exam/Interview Experience and Make this page more valuable.